If you are seeing a Fongo Connection Failed message when launching Fongo, please check the following possible reasons:
1) You are using an unauthorized version of the app which was not downloaded from Apple App Store or Google Play.
2) You are connected to a public wifi (Tim Hortons, McDonalds, etc.) in which you have not agreed to the terms of service, open a web browser on your phone and try to browse.
3) Some public wifi and corporate wifi networks do block SIP communications and as a result, Fongo will not connect. You may be able to circumvent this by using a free anonymous VPN service like the Opera VPN Service.
4) We have found some Internet Service Providers and Mobile Carriers in certain parts of the Middle East and Northern Africa are blocking SIP communications and as a result, Fongo will not connect. You may be able to circumvent this by using using a free anonymous VPN service, there are a number of free VPN apps available that for both iOS and Google Play.
5) You may not have an internet connection, please try web browsing, or other apps on your device to ensure your data connection is currently active.
6) The WiFi router that you are connected to may have a setting called SIP ALG enabled. If you are able to disable the setting please do so. You can also circumvent this setting in Fongo 3.7.9+ by enabling the 'Alternate Fongo Connection' setting in the app.
7) We may be experiencing a service outage, please check http://status.fongo.com for updates.
8) Try logging out of the app and then log back in or try rebooting your phone.