Faxing With a Fax Machine
You can plug your fax machine into your Fongo Home Phone adapter so that you can send and receive faxes.
Fax Machine Settings:
Lower the Baud Rate on your fax machine to 9600 kbps or lower.
For fax machines without this setting, adjust the "Send Speed" to be its slowest.
(You may need to reference your fax machine's owner's manual on how to do this)
Fongo's system converts fax messages into a PDF file and stores it in your Voicemail Inbox.
For Fax-to-Email to function, you must ensure the following:
- Voicemail-to-Email is enabled for your home phone service
- The fax call that comes in must remain unanswered, so that the call goes to voicemail
- Ensure there's no fax machine connected to the adapter
- If the phone rings and you're expecting a fax, don't answer it
- Unplugging your adapter from power ensures the fax will reach voicemail