There are two ways for a Fongo Mobile account to be deleted.
Account Closure Request
Users may request in app to have their Account Closed.
To request closure of your Fongo account from within the app, please follow these steps.
1. Log into the Fongo Mobile app with the account that you wish to close
2. Click Menu->Account
3. Tap on the Close Account link and then confirm your account closure.
Your account will be immediately flagged for deletion, all related information will be removed from our systems within 24 hours.
Auto-Deletion For Dormant Accounts
To allow your account to go dormant for account deletion, please follow these steps:
1. Disable all call forwarding settings from within the app
2. Log out of your account from the Fongo Mobile app or delete the app from your device
3. Do not login to the Fongo Mobile App or the http://www.fongo.com website
After 90 days, your account will be flagged for automatic deletion.
- You have ported in a number from another carrier.
- You have purchased a VoIP Key (in the case of a FreePhoneLine account).
- You have an active Unlimited Texting package.
- You have a World Credits balance
Account deletion is not reversible. You will forfeit your Fongo phone number and any add ons that are associated with your Fongo account.
If you meet any of these exceptions, please contact our support team to delete the account.