Activation, authentication, or marketing texts from services such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, WhatsApp, TD Bank, and Facebook may come from either:
- a 5 or 6 digit number (called short-code or Premium Rate SMS)
- a regular 10-digit phone number
Many companies use a combination of both types of numbers to contact you.
We cannot guarantee that you are able to receive to all short-code SMS with Fongo Mobile or Fongo World Edition, as this is a current technical limitation and often beyond our control (we are aware of services that actively block VOIP/landline phone numbers from receiving these messages).
If the short-code is supported by our system, and the user does not have an active Unlimited Texting package, an active Fongo Plus package or has not transferred their number to Fongo, they will receive this message:
- "Your Fongo number has received a verification code message from: [NUMBER] - To receive verification code messages, please subscribe to an Unlimited Texting package or Fongo Plus, available for purchase in the add-ons section of this app."
Users who have an active Unlimited Texting package, an active Fongo Plus package or have transferred their existing number to Fongo are not blocked from receiving SMS short codes, but as mentioned previously, some short codes do not currently work with Fongo (regardless if you are subscribed).
We do not make any guarantee that you will receive activation codes if you have subscribed to a texting package, this is often beyond our control.
If you're not able to receive your service's verification code
- Try the "Call Me" option if available
- Try the "Email Verification" option if available
- Use an Authenticator App such as Google Authenticator, or Microsoft Authenticator
- Contact your service's support team
Learn More About Add-ons that unlock SMS Short Codes: