Any SMS message sent to your Fongo Home Phone number can be forwarded to your email address.
Note: Enabling text message forwarding also enables voicemail forwarding
How to Enable:
- Login to your Home Phone's online dashboard here
- Enter "Settings"
- Enter "Voicemail & Texts Settings"
- Simply choose "copy" or "forward" (shown below)
- Note: Choosing copy vs forward does not matter for the text message aspect. Text messages will be forwarded to your email regardless which option you choose. This option only matters for Voicemail Forwarding
- Enter your email address in the respective field
Why aren't I receiving my texts to my email inbox?
After checking your Fongo Voicemail Settings and everything seems good, another reason why you're not receiving Voicemail email notifications is with the email provider settings. You will need to investigate your email's setting. Some hints that may help you resolve your problem.
- Check your junk, spam and deleted folders to see if the messages ended up there
- If in junk/spam folders edit your junk/spam settings to eliminate this from happening
- If in "deleted" folder, edit your email filters
You may need to create a filter in to allow mail from @vm.fongo.com
Here's some help on performing this:
For Gmail: Create rules to filter your emails on Gmail
For Outlook: How to whitelist in Outlook.com – Whitelist Guide
For Yahoo! Mail: How to Add Approved Senders to Yahoo! Mail