Bring your number to Fongo Works from another service provider! As soon as you have an active Fongo Works account, you can start a request.
Here’s everything you need to know on how to bring your number over to Fongo Works.
- There is a $25 (plus tax) fee to port your number.
- To see a current list of areas where numbers can be ported in from, click here.
- Log in to your Fongo Works account
- Click the "Shop" icon at the top right of the page
- Click the "Products and Services" dropdown menu
- Click Transfer My Number
- Select either "Port a Local Number" or "Port a Toll Free Number" and add to cart (based on the type of number you're transferring)
- Fill in required information
Fongo is not responsible for failed ports. Below are reasons that port-ins may be rejected:
- Your account with the other provider is not active or is flagged for disconnect
- Customer has outstanding balance owed to current provider
- Porting number must belong to you
- Customer disconnects or initiates a disconnect for the number before finalizing porting with Fongo
- Customer provides inaccurate information for porting resulting in multiple rejections
- Customer did not authorize the transfer upon the current provider requesting authorization
- Customer initiated porting but then decides to cancel for any reason (i.e. Provider offers better rates, number porting to some other company etc.)
If You Are Transferring A Mobile Number
This only applies if your current provider is providing you with wireless service (SIM card).
When submitting your port, you will also need to enter the following information:
- account number associated with your mobile number
- This is not the same as the mobile phone number
- your IMEI number (If it is a pay-as-you-go account)
- The IMEI number is required to confirm that you have ownership over the account. The IMEI is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone, but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering *#06# on the dial pad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smartphone operating systems
- If your pay-as-you-go carrier does not use an IMEI number but you have an account PIN code, the carrier can also confirm ownership over the account using the PIN code. Enter the PIN code in the IMEI field on the porting form instead
Your current wireless provider may call or text you to authorize the number transfer. Please respond within 30 minutes of receiving that text to authorize the number transfer. Failure to do so may result in a rejection of transfer.
The messages from your current wireless provider are typically sent immediately after they receive the number transfer request or between 10:00am and 12:00pm on the next business day. You may also call your current provider to authorize the number transfer using the numbers below. We recommend asking for a 24-hour authorization, as a minimum.
Wireless Port Out Confirmation Phone Numbers
|Carrier||Authorization Phone Number|
|Bell Aliant Mobility||800-509-9904|
|Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile||Not Required|
|Wireline/Landline Providers||Not Required|
Porting can take up to 7 business days (or longer if there is a rejection). The first business day only counts if the transfer is submitted before 12pm. To see current number transfer time estimates for numbers being ported into Fongo, Click Here.
- For "Number Type" select "Mobile Phone Number" only if the number is used with a cellular SIM card. All other numbers (VoIP, landline, etc.) will be "Local Phone Number"
- Click "Save" and then complete the checkout process
- It can take up to 7 business days to complete the transfer. In the meantime, the number will remain active with your current provider until the port occurs. You will receive an email once it has ported, then you can immediately begin using the number with Fongo Works.
- The number transfer fee is non-refundable if the transfer is completed or the port is rejected for reasons beyond Fongo's control i.e. incorrect information provided, outstanding balance with current provider, breaking a contract with current provider, etc.