The following update is applicable for Fongo Home Phone users with the Grandstream HT-801 ATA adapter.
If you have received the device and you only see 2 lights, your device firmware may require an update. Save the attached Grandstream HT-801 ATA firmware file to your computer, and follow the steps below to upgrade your adapter.
- Pickup your phone receiver and dial *** and then enter 02 when you hear the voice menu.
- The phone will read back an IP address. Write down this IP address.
- Open the web browser on your computer and type the IP address into the address bar and press return/enter.
- You will be brought to a Password Login page. Log in using the password ‘admin’.
- In the menu along the top of the page, select ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Advanced Settings page and click the ‘Upload from local directory’ button (beside the text ‘Upload firmware’).
- Click on chose file
- Browse to the Grandstream HT-801 ATA firmware file saved on your PC and select it.
- The screen prompts will guide you through the rest of the steps. This may take up to ten minutes to complete.
Please be patient and do not disconnect the power or internet connection to your device during this time.