To transfer a phone number to your Fongo Mobile account, please login to your account at http://www.fongo.com and click on the Online Store to order the Number Transfer (currently $25 one time fee). When you click on the Online Store link, you may find that it is locked, you will be presented with the option to submit a store unlock request, please do so.
See the platform-specific instructions below. As part of your transfer request, you will need the following minimum required information:
- Account number associated with your mobile. This is not the same as the mobile phone number.
- If it is a pay-as-you-go account, your IMEI number. The IMEI number is required to confirm that you have ownership over the account. The IMEI is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone, but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering *#06# on the dialpad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smartphone operating systems.
If your pay-as-you-go carrier does not use an IMEI number but you have an account PIN code, the carrier can also confirm ownership over the account using the PIN code. Enter the PIN code in the IMEI field on the porting LOA form instead.
- Service address associated with your mobile.
Tips and tricks
- Before porting your number to Fongo Mobile, please test the app extensively on wifi and mobile data to ensure the functionality meets your needs and expectations.
- Incorrect information will result in a rejected porting attempt.
- Please do not contact your current carrier to indicate you will be cancelling/porting your number, your account with them will be automatically cancelled upon porting completion.
- To see a current list of areas where numbers can be ported into Fongo from Click Here.
- To see current number transfer time estimates for numbers being ported into Fongo Click Here.
- Please note that Fongo Mobile does not support MMS or SMS Short Codes.